Join us as we welcome University of RI Graduate School of Oceanography Marine Archaeologist David Robinson for a 60-minute exploration of the
Providence waterways & Green Jacket Shoal. Here, David has found the remains of a historical floating dry dock & 26 wooden-hulled vessels, deemed
“Rhode Island’s largest ship graveyard” and a reminder of the industrial fervor that transformed Providence into a thriving commercial waterfront. We will launch from our docks at the Fox Point Marina and take you on a narrated tour of the Providence River, Riverwalk and Waterplace Park prior to heading out to India Point Park and Green Jacket Shoal.
- Saturday, June 9, 2018 from 10:00am to 11:00am
- The tour is approximately 60-minutes long.
- Tickets are $35 Adults, $32 Seniors, $20 Children 12 & under.
- Active Military, Veterans, Police, Fire, EMS receive 10% off adult fare with ID.
- Light refreshments will be served.
- We depart from our docks at the Fox Point Marina at 525 South Water Street, Providence.
- There are no bathrooms on the boat.The boat is uncovered, please dress appropriately. Hats, sunglasses & sunscreen are all recommended.
- All tours are by reservation, so please reserve seats prior to your arrival.