Discover the historic & contemporary milestones of the Providence waterways on our fun & relaxing 50-minute narrated tours!
- Special Event Adult Ages 13+
- Special Event Senior Ages 65+
- Special Event Child Children 12 & under
Explore the Providence Waterways & Green Jacket Shoal
Join us as we welcome guest tour guide David Robinson, Director of the Massachusetts Board of Underwater Archaeological Resources, for a 75-minute exploration of the Providence waterways & Green Jacket Shoal!
Here, David has found the remains of a historical floating dry dock & 26 wooden-hulled vessels, deemed “Rhode Island’s largest ship graveyard” and a reminder of the industrial fervor that transformed Providence into a thriving commercial waterfront.
David’s extensive rese arch and experience diving Green Jacket Shoal is truly fascinating and this tour is a must-do for the history buff or marine archaeology enthusiast. We are absolutely thrilled to welcome him back aboard for the fourth consecutive season. This limited series tour sells out quickly, so reserve your seats soon!
We are proud to offer these tours of Green Jacket Shoal in honor of Pete Manning, a fellow historian and mariner, and dear friend of David’s. A portion of all tickets sold will benefit the East Providence Historical Society.
- Two 2021 dates ONLY! May 22nd and October 2nd.
- We launch from the Providence Marina at 15 Bridge Street, Providence, RI.
- Our boats are uncovered, please dress appropriately. Sweaters/jackets are recommended for cooler days.
- Space is limited and reservations are required.
- Passengers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are no longer required to wear a facial covering when checking in and boarding. If you are not fully vaccinated, we ask that you continue to wear your facial coverings until further notice.
Tour Cancellation Policy:
- Customers may reschedule (subject to availability) or receive a full refund with 24 hours advance cancellation notice only. Please contact us by telephone to cancel your tour.
- Same-day cancellations are non-refundable.
- No-shows will be charged the full price.
- We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel tours when less than 4 passengers have booked. It doesn’t happen often, but we will call you ASAP if it does.
Weather Related Cancellations:
- All of our tours typically run in light rain and other moderate weather conditions. We do not cancel tours due to inclement weather until approximately 15-30 minutes prior to departure, as the weather changes so quickly in New England.
- Our tours may launch a few minutes late if we are experiencing a passing storm/shower. We do not allow cancellations/refunds in this case, we simply ask that you are patient and wait it out with us.
- If we do cancel your tour due to weather, you may reschedule (subject to availability) or receive a full refund.
- We reserve the right to cancel our tours in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions.