Discover the historic & contemporary milestones of the Providence waterways on our fun & relaxing 50-minute narrated tours!
Tour of Green Jacket Shoal
- Special Event Adult Ages 18+
- Special Event Senior Ages 65+
- Special Event Military Military/PD/FD/EMS
- Special Event Child Ages 0-17
Explore Green Jacket Shoal
Join Captain Tom and guest tour guide David Robinson, Director of the Massachusetts Board of Underwater Archaeological Resources, for a 75-minute exploration of the Providence waterways & Green Jacket Shoal!
Here, David has found the remains of a historical floating dry dock & 26 wooden-hulled vessels, deemed “Rhode Island’s largest ship graveyard” and a reminder of the industrial fervor that transformed Providence into a thriving commercial waterfront.
David’s experience exploring Green Jacket Shoal is fascinating and we are thrilled to welcome him back again for his fifth consecutive year! This limited series tour sells out early, so reserve your seats soon!
Once again, we are proud to offer these tours of Green Jacket Shoal in memory of Pete Manning, fellow historian, mariner and long-time friend of David’s. In Pete’s honor, a portion of all tickets sold will benefit the East Providence Historical Society.
WE’VE MOVED! We are now located at 101 Dyer Street, Providence, RI. Come on inside to check-in for your boat tour and explore The Landing, our new Rhode Island-themed gallery, giftshop and creamery!
- Our boats are uncovered, please dress appropriately. We suggest sunglasses, hats, bottled water and sunscreen on warmer days. Bring a sweater/jacket on cooler days.
- There are no bathrooms at our launch site or aboard our boats. PLAN AHEAD and use the bathroom prior to arrival.
Tour Cancellation Policy:
- Customers may reschedule (subject to availability) or receive a full refund with 48 hours advance cancellation notice only. Please contact us by telephone to cancel your tour.
- Same-day cancellations, late arrivals and no-shows are non-refundable.
- We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel tours when less than 4 passengers have booked. It doesn’t happen often, but we will call you ASAP if it does.
Weather Related Cancellations:
- All of our tours typically run in light rain and other moderate weather conditions. We do not cancel tours due to inclement weather until approximately 15-30 minutes prior to departure, as the weather changes so quickly in New England.
- Our tours may launch a few minutes late if we are experiencing a passing storm/shower. We do not allow cancellations/refunds in this case, we simply ask that you are patient and wait it out with us.
- If we do cancel your tour due to weather, you may reschedule (subject to availability) or receive a full refund.
- We reserve the right to cancel our tours in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions.