Discover the historic & contemporary milestones of the Providence waterways on our fun & relaxing 50-minute narrated tours!
- Special Event Adult Ages 13+
- Special Event Senior Ages 65+
- Special Event Child Children 12 & under
Explore the Providence Waterways & Green Jacket Shoal
Join us as we welcome guest tour guide David Robinson, Director of the Massachusetts Board of Underwater Archaeological Resources, for a 75-minute exploration of the Providence waterways & Green Jacket Shoal!
Here, David has found the remains of a historical floating dry dock & 26 wooden-hulled vessels, deemed “Rhode Island’s largest ship graveyard” and a reminder of the industrial fervor that transformed Providence into a thriving commercial waterfront.
David’s extensive rese arch and experience diving Green Jacket Shoal is truly fascinating and this tour is a must-do for the history buff or marine archaeology enthusiast. We are absolutely thrilled to welcome him back aboard for the fourth consecutive season. This limited series tour sells out quickly, so reserve your seats soon!
We are proud to offer these tours of Green Jacket Shoal in honor of Pete Manning, a fellow historian and mariner, and dear friend of David’s. A portion of all tickets sold will benefit the East Providence Historical Society.
- Two 2021 dates ONLY! May 22nd and October 2nd.
- We launch from the Providence Marina at 15 Bridge Street, Providence, RI.
- Our boats are uncovered, please dress appropriately. Sweaters/jackets are recommended for cooler days.
- Space is limited and reservations are required. We will practice social distancing measures to ensure the health and safety of our guests.
- All passengers are required to wear a facial covering when checking in and boarding. Masks may be removed once seated. Thank you!