Discover the historic & contemporary milestones of the Providence waterways on our fun & relaxing 50-minute narrated tours!
- All ages
Partial WaterFire Boat Rides
Our partial WaterFire boat rides include an evening cruise throughout the downtown Providence waterways, with the addition of a Basin WaterFire lighting! Partial lightings can include the circle of twenty-two braziers in the Waterplace Park basin and the twelve braziers leading up to the Providence Place Mall. There is no narration during this tour.
- These rides depart from the Providence Marina at 15 Bridge Street in downtown Providence, RI.
- Capacity is limited to 18 passengers and reservations are required.
- Everyone boarding, including infants, must have a ticket.
- Need just one seat? Give us a call, we’re happy to assist you with that.
- The boat leaves exactly as scheduled. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour for check-in.
- There are no bathrooms at our launch site or aboard our boats. PLAN AHEAD and use the bathroom before you arrive.
- If you would like to grab a drink from the bar next door to bring aboard with you, please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled tour. You may also BYOB in a small cooler, on all of our tours.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted while aboard.
- We love dogs, but they are not permitted aboard. (Certified service dogs only, sorry!)
- Our boats are uncovered, please dress appropriately. Sweaters/jackets are recommended for evening tours.
- Passengers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are no longer required to wear a facial covering when checking in and boarding. If you are not fully vaccinated, we ask that you continue to wear your facial coverings while aboard.
Tour Cancellation Policy
- Customers may reschedule (subject to availability) or receive a full refund with 24 hours advance notice ONLY.
- Same-day cancellations, no-shows and late arrivals are non-refundable and rescheduling is not permitted.
- We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel tours when less than 4 passengers have booked. It doesn’t happen often, but we will call you ASAP if it does.
Weather Related Cancellations
- All of our tours will typically run in light rain and other moderate weather conditions. We do not cancel tours due to inclement weather until approximately 15-30 minutes prior to departure, as the weather changes so quickly in New England.
- Our tours may launch a few minutes late if we are experiencing a passing storm/shower. We do not allow cancellations/refunds in this case, we simply ask that you are patient and wait it out with us.
- If we do cancel your tour due to weather, you may reschedule (subject to availability) or receive a full refund.
- We reserve the right to cancel our tours in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions.
What’s the difference between a full lighting and a partial lighting?
- Full WaterFire lightings light up over eighty braziers from Waterplace Park to Memorial/South Main Street Park.
- Partial WaterFire lightings include the circle of twenty-two braziers in the Waterplace Park Basin and the five braziers leading up to the Providence Place Mall.
- All lightings occur shortly after sunset and the fires will remain lit until midnight (unless otherwise noted).