Bathed in the serenity of a softer light, the city’s architecture, picturesque bridges and cobblestone walkways take on a whole new life beneath the setting sun.
- First Fires First boats, during lighting
- WaterFire Rides All other rides that night
WaterFire Boat Rides
Our Full WaterFire rides cruise throughout the entire installation along the Providence River, Riverwalk & Waterplace Park. There is no narration during these boat rides through the fires.
Duration & Rates:
- First Fires: Approximately 45 minutes, $50 per person, all ages. (First boat of the evening, launching during the opening lighting)
- All other rides: 30 minutes, $40 per person, all ages. (All rides after the First Fires, until the conclusion of the event ~ 11:30pm)
- All FULL WaterFire rides (Oct. 2, Oct. 16, Nov. 6) launch from our docks in the Basin of Waterplace Park at 10 Memorial Blvd, Providence, RI 02903.
- Boat capacity is just (18) passengers. We have two identical boats that run continuously throughout the evening.
- Every passenger in your party, including infants, needs a ticket to board.
- Our boats are uncovered, please dress appropriately. We suggest a light sweater/windbreaker.
- WaterFire is a rain or shine event. If they light the fires, our rides will run. Refunds, cancellations or rescheduling a WaterFire reservation is not permitted due to inclement weather.
- You can purchase a beverage from a surrounding vendor and bring it aboard to enjoy during your ride, or you may BYOB in a small cooler.
- There are no bathrooms at our launch site or aboard our boats. PLAN AHEAD and use the bathroom before you arrive.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted while aboard.
- We love dogs, but they are not permitted aboard. Sorry!
- Passengers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are no longer required to wear a facial covering when checking in and boarding. If you are NOT fully vaccinated, we ask that you continue to wear your facial coverings until further notice.
- The closest parking garages to us are located in the IGT Building at 10 Memorial Blvd, the Union Station Parking Garage at 11 Memorial Blvd and the Park Row West outdoor lots at Exchange and Stillman Streets.
Arriving For Your WaterFire Ride:
- WaterFire nights throughout downtown are VERY busy. Traffic in and around the city can be incredibly congested, so please plan ahead.
- Arrive EARLY. It is not easy to find us once the walkways are full. We cannot stress this enough. Come early, check in, and then relax and enjoy WaterFire from the shore while waiting for your ride!
- The boat leaves exactly as scheduled. You must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled ride for check-in. If you do not check-in at least 15 minutes prior to your ride, your seats will be offered to our stand-by patrons and you will forfeit your ticket fare. We will not be able to reschedule you to a later boat, as we will be sold out for the entire evening.
- There are no refunds or rebooks for last minute cancellations, late arrivals or no-shows.
WaterFire Cancellation Policy:
- Customers may reschedule (subject to availability) or receive a full refund with 24 hours advance cancellation notice only. Please contact us by telephone at 401-580-2628 to cancel your reservation.
- Same-day cancellations, no-shows, and late arrivals are non-refundable and may not be rescheduled.
WaterFire Weather Related Cancellations:
- WaterFire is a rain or shine event. If they light the fires, our rides will run. Refunds, cancellations or rescheduling a WaterFire reservation is not permitted due to inclement weather. However, in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions, we will contact you. If we do have to cancel your WaterFire ride due to weather, you may reschedule (subject to availability) or receive a full refund
- Our WaterFire rides may launch a few minutes late if we are experiencing a passing storm/shower. We do not allow for cancellations/refunds in this case, we simply ask that you are patient and wait it out with us.
What’s the difference between a full lighting and a basin lighting?
- All Full WaterFire lightings light up over eighty braziers from Waterplace Park to Memorial/South Main Street Park.
- Basin WaterFire lightings include the circle of twenty-two braziers in the Waterplace Park Basin and the five braziers leading up to the Providence Place Mall.
- All lightings occur shortly after sunset and the fires will remain lit until midnight (unless otherwise noted).